This web site, thesplendidtraveler.com (the “Site”), is owned and operated by The Splendid Traveler, LLC (the “Company” and together with the Site, collectively referred to hereafter as we, us or our).
- The materials contained on the Site are provided “as is” for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice. The information shall not be relied upon as such and we make no warranties, express or implied, about the content on this Site. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this Site.
- The Company is the owner of all intellectual property and materials published throughout the Site. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- All images appearing on the Site are the exclusive property of the Company and are protected under international copyright laws. The images on this site all subdomain of the thesplendidtraveler.com may not be reproduced, modified, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the Company, except as permitted under the doctrine of fair use.
- No materials contained on the Site can be downloaded or used for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from the Company. Any of the material on the website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- The material displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: (a) loss of revenue or income; (b) loss of business; (c) loss of anticipated savings; (d) loss of data; (e) loss of goodwill.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by virus attack to the Site or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- You may be able to link from our Site to third party web sites and third party web sites may link to the Site (“Linked Sites”). This may also include the ability to link through to a Linked Site where our Site includes advertisements, sponsored posts or product reviews supplied by such Linked Sites. You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials which may or may not be provided by or through Linked Sites, even if they are owned or run by affiliates of ours. Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship by us of such web sites or the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials presented on or through such web sites. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of them. The inclusion of any link to such sites on our Site does not imply our endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of that site. We disclaim any liability for links (1) from another web site to this Site and (2) to another web site from this Web Site. We cannot guarantee the standards of any web site to which links are provided on our Site nor shall we be held responsible for the contents of such sites, or any subsequent links. We do not represent or warrant that the contents of any third party web site is accurate, compliant with state or federal law, or compliant with copyright or other intellectual property laws. Also, we are not responsible for or any form of transmission or information received from any linked web site. Any reliance on the contents of a third party web site or any information on our Site that is provided by a third party website is done at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
If you have any concerns about material that appears on this Site please contact us via the “Contact” page.
Affiliate and Third Party Disclosure
We participate in advertising programs with various affiliates which are designed to provide a means for web sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to the affiliate site. This means that whenever you buy a product from a link on thesplendidtraveler.com, we receive a percentage of its price as a commission. This helps pay for the hosting and other fees associated with running thesplendidtraveler.com. The Site may also include advertisements of other non-affiliate third parties for which we may receive fees and commissions.
In addition, we may also receive compensation in the form of fees, commissions or otherwise by third parties in return for reviewing a product or service and/ or posting about the same. Notwithstanding any such compensation, the opinions expressed in any such posts or reviews are entirely independent and represent our view of the product or service being reviewed or discussed.
We also have a relationship with Google Analytics who may use your personal information for research or other analytical or statistical purposes.
The Splendid Traveler, LLC (the “Company”) is the owner and operator of thesplendidtraveler.com (the “Site” and together with the Company referred to hereafter as “we, us, our”).
As a business with an internet presence, we recognize and respect the importance of your privacy rights.
This policy explains how we collect, use, retain and disclose the personal information that you provide us through the Site or our affiliate websites, or through the course of our other business dealings with you.
Please note that the Site contains links to other third party websites that are not operated by us.
In addition, please note that your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected, and in other countries including Canada and/or the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than other countries.
“Personal Information” for the purposes of privacy law is information about an identifiable individual, such as their name, address, telephone number and email address. Personal Information does not include aggregated information that is anonymous, such as the type of browser you are using, or other non-personally identifiable information.
What happens to your information?
We collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, preferences, and email address. When you browse our site, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. If you are interested in subscribing to a Site newsletter, we will collect your name and email address.
In addition, we may also collect search queries that are typed into the Site’s search engine and retain them in anonymous form.
How do we collect, use, protect and disclose your Personal Information?
The Site requires your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions in law.
We typically collect your Personal Information when you subscribe to our newsletters or submit an inquiry through the “Contact” form on the Site. If you are one of our business partners, we may also obtain Personal Information about you from other sources, e.g., from your business partners or other individuals within your company, or third party representatives or government agencies.
- On the Site: We may use your Personal Information to send you our monthly newsletters; to conduct or administer contests or other promotions in which you have participated; respond to inquiries that you make through the Site; to receive feedback and make improvements to the Site; and to maintain a database of client information. In accordance with applicable anti-spam laws, we will only use your Personal Information for marketing purposes with your prior consent. If you subscribed to one of the Site’s newsletters and no longer wish to receive it, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in our emails. If you have any questions or concerns about your unsubscribe request, you may contact us via the “Contact”
The Site has a number of policies and procedures in place to protect your Personal Information, including physical procedures such as locks; administrative procedures such as contractual obligations by our third parties who may manage your Personal Information; and technological safeguards including the use of passwords, secured servers, subscriptions with website monitoring and security firms, and firewalls. Only individuals who are involved in the administration of our operations have access to your Personal Information and they have been provided with the requisite training on our Privacy Policies. Despite our best efforts, Internet or wireless transmissions are never completely private or secure. In that respect, you hereby acknowledge and accept the potential risk of inadvertent disclosure due to any such disclosure beyond our reasonable control. In addition, please note some of our service providers may be located in countries where authorized government officials may lawfully be able to access your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent pursuant to the laws of such countries.
Privacy of Minors
The Site recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Site is not intended for children under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors.
Questions or corrections
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us thesplendidtraveler.com/contact.